Books for Coffee EnthusiastsBuying gifts for a someone that loves their coffee is sometimes hard work, they’ll know what they like, they might know the exact 5 next pieces of equipment they want for their coffee setup, they might have routines and subscriptions and plans and ideas. But there are some great books out there from really smart authors, from some faces that coffee lovers will immediately recognise, the likes of James Hoffman, star of Youtube. Lance Hedrick Here are some of the best books for coffee lovers.
The World Atlas of Coffee: From Beans to Brewing -- Coffees Explored, Explained and Enjoyedby James Hoffmann This is one of the most thorough books on coffee out there, perfect for those who want to learn everything they can about their favorite drink. It covers everything from the history and science of coffee to brewing methods and even coffee culture around the world. Find it on Amazon
The Physics of Filter CoffeeBy Jonathen Gagne Astro Physicist and Coffee enthusiast breaks down what happens when water meets coffee to stunning detail in his book that builds on years of research that he originally has written on his blog; Coffee Ad Astra. Everything from grinding, to percolation, to brewing. The science of coffee has never been as deeply studies as this. If you’re buying a coffee book for a friend, you’ll definitely want to aim high at risk of giving them something they already know, hence why unless they are literally a rocket scientist, they will learn something. https://www.scottrao.com/the-physics-of-filter-coffee
How to make the best Coffee at HomeBy James Hoffman This is a down to earth look at home coffee making by one of the most influential coffee experts in the world. A great gift idea for those who want to make great coffee at home, but don’t want to spend a fortune on equipment. Find it on Amazon
Other great booksIf you’ve already seen these books on their coffee tables, which wouldn’t be surprising as they are some incredibly popular coffee books, here’s some more coffee books to explore.
- The New Rules of Coffee: A Modern Guide to Home Brewing by Jordan Michelman and Zackary Carlsen
- The Blue Bottle Craft of Coffee: Grow, Roast, and Brew Like a Pro by Bryan Hamra
- The Home Barista: How to Make Café-Quality Coffee Drinks at Home by Lani Brant and Lori Brant
- The Coffee Lovers Companion: A Connoisseur's Guide by Stuart Freedman
- drip: Designing Better Coffee by Patrick Di Justo and Avi Cohee
- The Art and Craft of Coffee: An Enthusiast's Guide to Selecting, Roasting, and Brewing Exquisite Coffee by Jeff Zhuang
- The Naked Pint: An Unadulterated Guide to Craft Beer by Christina Perozzi and Hallie Beaune